Thursday, May 28, 2009

Shane and Jodi are Married!





I always love these first few moments after the ceremony -- such happiness!









It's not uncommon for me to have a pre-existing relationship with one of my wedding clients (my husband and I do live on a college campus), but not often can I say I witnessed the beginning of the wedded couple's dating relationship! About two and a half years ago and I was visiting with Shane, discussing a couple of possibilities he might pursue for a missions trip experience the following spring or summer. I remember encouraging him to consider an option in Hungary, facilitating an English Camp -- a great place I thought which would fit his skill set and gifts.
Fast forward a few months. Nathan and I are in Hungary with a team from Asbury, we're serving as "house parents" for about ten high school and college-aged young men who were working as camp staffers. (Editorial note: I'm from a family of all girls, with a mom who was one of four girls, and her mom one of all girls, and my great-grandmother after that -- the thought of living with all those boys was initially a bit of a concern for me that turned out to be ill-founded -- though the dirty laundry piled up, the boys were also a pile of fun). While we'd be hanging out and rehashing stories from the day, Shane would slip out and write in his journal. Outwardly it wasn't evident what was growing in his heart.
The camp staff was comprised of volunteers from other parts of the US besides Asbury -- a really fun bunch. One of those other staffers was a young woman named Jodi. This Indiana girl was a quiet worker, sweetly taking care of others behind the scenes. One evening after a long day at camp I was I uploading camp photos to Facebook and noticed that Shane and Jodi had done a frequent amount of mutual 'wall writing'. Hmmm, I thought to myself. A few months and a status change later, it was official.
The roads between Marion and Wilmore bore the treads of Shane's Ford Taurus. Many a trip was made so the distance didn't feel so great. A year and one day after Shane and Jodi met, they were engaged. One year and one day after they were engaged, they got married. Congratulations you two. We love you and pray God's best for your future!
Lexington Wedding Photographer: Cydil Waggoner Photography, copyright 2009.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: