Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kris and Katie Get Married!




Photo credit for the image above goes to my husband, Nathan (my occasional assistant and regular 2nd shooter, when a client wants the extra service). I'm thrilled that Nathan could capture this while I was waiting at the front of the sanctuary for them to make their entrance. Seeing moments like this reminds me of my own wedding and my relationship with my dad.




Can you tell they're happy to be married???







This (above) was shot just a few moments after walking out of the church



The reception was at the clubhouse of the totally cool Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, where Kris works.
It's a Saturday afternoon in November and I am sitting here working on Kris and Katie's wedding, enjoying some college football on TV with Nathan. It's appropriate considering that Kris is a former UK football player and when he and Katie set their wedding for a Saturday in the autumn, it was with the promise to their friends that it wouldn't fall on the same weekend as a UK home game.
And what a Saturday they picked! If you were in Central KY last Saturday, then you wouldn't be surprised to hear that the doors of the church were propped open allowing warm breezes to flow through. The ceremony was held at Mt. Horeb which boasts quintessential Kentucky views in any direction and the small sanctuary which gives an intimate feeling available at few other venues. It was full of family and friends who had traveled as far as Washington state and Scotland to support and celebrate Kris and Katie as they joined their lives together.
We traveled east to Frankfort for the reception, a fun party at Buffalo Trace Distillery where Kris works. Some of my favorite moments included some humorous and personal toasts and watching Katie, her mom, dad, and brother enjoy a couple of dances together (check back for some fun and touching images in the slideshow).
What a wonderful way to end my 2008 wedding season! Congratulations, Katie and Kris! It's been a pleasure!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: