Wednesday, October 14, 2009

John David & Jessica's Memphis Wedding Photos



It sounds cliché, but it’s truly a privilege to document someone’s wedding through photography. It’s an even greater privilege when it’s a friend! I met Jessica back when she was a college student. She was involved in the student missions fellowship which my husband and I have the pleasure of facilitating at Asbury College. As ‘our students’ are want to do, Jessica completed her time in Wilmore and went on to graduate school in Nashville. I followed with interest when she took trips in medical missions to places in Africa and the Middle East. Upon graduation from Vanderbilt, I wasn’t terribly surprised when I heard that she was working at a clinic in Memphis, serving a primarily African refugee population, since she had done similar work during her time in Nashville. Furthermore, she had spent the first 12 years of life with her family in Kenya and I knew she was happiest when serving her African friends.

I was surprised and delighted when she contacted me this spring to announce that she was engaged. I didn’t have to think twice when she asked if I would consider serving as her wedding photographer! I must admit I was really curious about this man she was going to marry and it was such a joy to meet John David in person. He seems perfectly suited for her and I wished I had more than just that day to spend with them both.

In planning their wedding, Jessica and John David desired to marry in the community in which they work, live, and worship so their friends could all attend. I wish I could describe their wedding ceremony, but words won’t do it justice! It was just really, really special. They married in their friend’s back yard on a beautiful October Saturday evening. The service was rich in content and meaning, highlighted by the beautiful singing of their church friends. The reception, just a few doors down the street, was quite the party, with lots of joy, Ale 8, barbeque and kids! Enjoy these highlights from their day!








































Share/Bookmark

No comments: