Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Congratulations, Kelly!

I wanted to take a moment to congratulate and thank my friend Kelly McCormick! Many of my 2008 couples got to work with Kelly, my childhood friend who is making a foray into the world of wedding and family photography. She traveled down from Illinois to assist me at many a wedding this last year to build her portfolio and gain experience. They were wonderful times to reconnect with this friend whom I've known since she was a wee lass, a fellow farm girl from Mason County, Illinois (our parents went to high school together).

What most didn't know who saw Kelly on these occasions, was that she was carrying a little one along with her! Three weeks ago little miss Colby Kathleen made her entrance into the world, and will no doubt become keen friends with a camera lens, if her mother has any say about it! Congratulations, Kelly! And thank you for creating a new set of memories this past year in 2008! I'll miss seeing you as much in 2009, but can't wait to meet Miss Colby! Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Cydil,

Thank you SO much for the posting about Colby! I will always associate my pregnancy with the summer of shooting weddings with you! I'm not sure which was more fun: the fun couples' weddings we got to shoot or catching up on old memories! In either case, it was an honor to get to shoot with you, and I learned SO much! Thank you again for both the opportunity AND this posting about Colby!