Tuesday, May 26, 2009

David and Lisa: Married!


(above) moments after their first kiss

I had total flower envy -- Lisa's bouquet had my two most favorite flowers in the whole world: peonies and hydrangeas!



In homage to Lisa's Japanese heritage, some neat details from the wedding and reception:
Top left: David designed and created these reception centerpieces
Center: I believe it was also David's ideas to hang these Japanese balls from shepherd's hooks staked in ferns,
Top Right: of course, the reception hors 'deouvres would not be complete without sushi


Isn't this photo sweet? Everyone in Lisa's family and many of her friends could DANCE (I mean the classy, cool kind of dancing that takes practice, looks like so much fun, and makes you wish you could join in without looking like a fool!)
I've known Lisa for about two years and over lunch one day early on in getting to know her I discovered we had many common interests, including a love of Jane Austen films. You can thus imagine my tingles when I heard the musicians (a pianist, flautist, and cellist) warming up her processional music: the theme song from the movie, Emma (it happens to be one of my favorite soundtracks of all time)! It was such a beautiful day, rich in love, meaning, and family. Thank you, Lisa and David, for making it possible for us to be present. We pray God's best for you and your future! He has great things in store for you both!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: