Monday, September 14, 2009

Cousins

Last month I was excited to be able to attend the annual reunion of my Whiteford family (my mom's sisters' & cousins' families). I was especially excited because I have some cousins who were close friends/playmates growing up but have moved far, far away and can't feasibly come to the Midwest for the reunion every year. One morning after everyone was fed and before we took off for the rock climbing wall and zipline (yeah, my cousin Elyse and Aunt Marcia know how to plan a reunion!), I took some quick family photos of my Jenkins cousins' families and kids outside the B&B where we were staying.





Here's Sam. Big brother and Star Wars officianado. (Funny thing is, I remember playing Star Wars with his dad and uncle nearly 30 years ago -- otherwise, having no brothers, I'd probably still be saying "Star Whuh?").




Here's Maya. She likes Star Wars as much as her brother. She's also got a small role in her Dad's film and I can't wait to see her on the big screen! I'm sure she did GREAT!


Sweet Beannie. Bean made my day during the weekend when she came over and sat in my lap.
When years go between visits, you can't expect kids to really even know who you are, let alone warm up to you immediately, but I was so glad that she felt comfortable enough with me that she sought my lap as a place to rest.



(Below) Sam, Maya, and (a tired) Bean, with their parents, my cousin Dallas and his beautiful wife, Amanda.
Here's Isaac. He's the little cousin of the kids above. He wasn't thrilled at first to have his photo taken... until he was given a croquet ball that he started throwing at the photographer... with amazing accuracy -- thank goodness for lens hoods! (Maybe it has something to do with the athletic genes he inherited from his collegiate baseball coaching dad?)

(Below) Isaac with his dad, my cousin Chad, and his lovely wife, Christa. (Baby Micah is due next month!)
My cousins have found the greatest spouses. We love hanging out with them and only wish we could see them more often!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: