Saturday, December 12, 2009

The "K" Family






In the last ten or so years of their time in Albania, my parents have invested the bulk of their energies in a particular community located between the capital city and the Adriatic. The fruit from that time has been relationships with some really great people. The "K" family is an example of one of those. One of my favorite memories from my last visit was an incredible supper at their home - an opportunity to experience their generosity and hospitality. I know I sound like a broken record, but again, these kids (Anselmo and Anseda) have grown UP! When I first met them, they were grade-school age, and now they're preparing for university! It's been a pleasure to get to know their parents a little better now too. Mr. K gave one of my father's favorite quotes from an Albanian. In response to the question, "What is the best place in your country?", Mr. K responded without skipping a beat, "The village in which my wife was born." Isn't that sweet?
Share/Bookmark

No comments: