Friday, October 17, 2008

Congratulations, Trevor and Shannon!




My assistant, Kelly, got these great images of Trevor (above)


We all thought the ringbearer's white socks were too cute not to photograph

Hunter and Peggy (Trevor's brother and mother) went to TOWN with decorating Estes with fresh flowers and candles. It was amazing! These photos don't do it justice.








Trevor and Shannon -- I'm SO sorry for the delay in getting these images from your wedding online! It wasn't for lack of desire on my part! The morning after your wedding I woke up under the weather... and proceded to stick close to my bed for the next three days. Now, thanks to antibiotics, I'm back and on my feet again and excited to share some of my favorite images from your wedding.
For those of you not there, it was a beautiful October wedding bedecked in nature's glorious fall colors. Allow me to give a free plug for those of you looking for event coordination: Trevor's brother, Hunter, and mother, Peggy, planned a wonderful wedding for Trevor and Shannon full of so many details (they have had a lot of experience, Peggy hostessing events for a major horse farm and Hunter working on the planning team for the Jesus Prom at Southland -- a formal event for thousands of special needs teens and adults in the area -- and working at Notables in the Party Store).
Shannon was beautiful and serene even at moments when everyone around her were puddles of tears. During the processional when the ringbearers made it halfway down the aisle before freezing, I heard some chuckling and turned around to see Trevor crouched at the end of the aisle holding a few new toys as enticement for them to finish their walk.
The reception was at the beautiful Spring Valley Golf Club. Music was provided by the Metrognomes. I wish I could have assembled another collage of pics from the reception to include Trevor's groom's cake. A media major who just finished a semester in Los Angelos and a month working at the Olympics, Trevor's was a layered cake resembling three stacked film reels. Very, very cool. My biggest regret from the day was forgetting to sample Shannon's pumpkin rolls at the reception (wow -- what bride has time to make pumpkin rolls for 250 guests)? Her dream is to own her own bakery someday, so if her goods taste as yummy as they look, I'm sure she'll be quite successful!

Vendor Credits:
(Hair) Ziyan Salon and Day Spa, http://www.ziyansalonandspa.com/
Gold Shield Transportation, http://www.goldshieldcars.com/
(Music) The Metrognomes, http://www.themetrognomes.com/
Dottie’s Catering, Spring Valley Golf Club, http://www.dottiescatering.net/
Geno’s Formal Affair, http://www.gfatux.xom/
Sherwood Creative Design and Events (flowers, event coordination), hunter.sherwood@windstream.net
Notables inside the Party Store (invitations), http://www.thepartystoreky.com/notables.html
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record: it is Hunter that works with Jesus Prom although you will probably find all of us there at one time or another.

Cydil Waggoner said...

OOPS! Typo! I've fixed it!
My family is a big fan of the Jesus prom -- my sister attended it several times before she moved back to Illinois. It was the highlight of her year. THANK YOU to you and everyone else from Southland for making so many feel special and loved!