Friday, June 18, 2010

Lexington Family Photography: The "D" Family

I love meeting families formed through adoption. My husband and I adopted our daughter, Ellie, from Albania in 2006 and we're preparing to adopt a son (also from Albania) this summer. When I chatted with Myra over the telephone to plan this session, there was an instant connection through our adoption experiences. Having hiked that path of mountains of paperwork and ridden the rollercoaster of emotions associated with such an endeavor gives us the ability to speak the language of adoption 'talk' which can truly sound foreign to anyone else!
Last August the "D" family brought home their son from China and have started the process to bring home another little boy later this year, Lord willing. I wish them the best and share in their joy over another little one finding a family in them.

I was so pleased when Myra took my suggestion to have this image (above) printed as a 10x20. The panoramic format suited this pose so well, I want to do something similar for our family when we become four!

In addition to the carefree nature of the image above, I also love how it freezes in time this stage of life. In how many more years will those younger girls be able to look at their mom eye-to-eye? I can also see how the two oldest love their little brother and his zest for life. ;-)


Thanks, D family, for a fun evening together and the opportunity to document your beautiful family!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: