Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Louisville Engagement Photos: Jessie & Zach













One of the things I've loved about photography is how it has reconnected me with friends and acquaintances from the past. A few months ago I was tickled to get an e-mail out of the blue from a girl I used to work with at Asbury's Admissions Office ('way' back, about 10 years ago). Jessie was writing to let me know that she was getting married and interested in me shooting her wedding! I was thrilled that she would ask me and even happier when everything was official for me to photograph her November wedding back here in Wilmore at Asbury Theological Seminary.

One of my favorite kinds of shoots are engagement sessions. They're wonderful 'warm up' sessions for the wedding day in a much more relaxed enviroment. Jessie and Zach chose to have their enagement pics taken at their church: Southeast Christian in Louisville. Their campus has a really fun student ministry building called "The Block" featuring a coffee shop, theatre, game area, and even a rock climing wall! There were all kinds of fun places to shoot and time was our only constraint. Special thanks go to John, a mutual friend, and staff member who came over on his free Saturday afternoon and gave us access to the space!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: