Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wilmore Kentucky Wedding: Rachel + Michael

It was a warm and sunny Sunday at the end of May when Rachel and Michael wed after a long courtship. Family and friends drove from the eastern and western parts of Kentucky, converging on my lovely "home" town of Wilmore for their nuptials.



Rachel was tickled by her handbag from Etsy.com that included her wedding date on the personalized tag. I loved it too!

I love how goofy these two are together (they had moments like this during their engagement session too). Hope they don't mind that I am posting these! (I may have told them I was just testing my camera settings...)



Special, special thanks to Jennifer (far left) who referred me to Rachel! It's always special to have a friend in the bridal party!

Beautiful florals provided by Curtis A. Grace, hair and make-up by Ziyan Salon and Spa (can I say I was pleasantly surprised to learn the girls were done with hair and make 45 minutes EARLY thanks to the efficient and proficient hands at Ziyan? That hardly ever happens!).


Rachel and Michael's parents brought some momentos from their weddings to the reception, including a toss bouquet and cake topper! Rachel also made the fun backdrop for a personalized photo booth for her guests! In addition to traditional wedding cake, dessert included Michael's favorite (and mine!) rhubarb pie!

Other vendors who contributed to a great day:
Sally Foster of Urbaniste (ceremony coordination)
Jeff Gibson/Sound Travels (DJ -- see you in December!)
Florals: Curtis Grace
Venues: (Ceremony) Asbury Theological Seminary
Congratulations, Rachel and Michael! Thank you for the honor of photographing your wedding! I had a wonderful time celebrating your special day with you!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Rachel said...

We love them Cydil! Thank you very much. And yes, I think you did mention that you were just 'testing your camera settings!' How funny. You captured how goofy we really are! :) Thanks again.

Jujuana said...

Beautiful pictures for a beautiful couple. It was a lovely day, Rachel! Congrats, Jujuana