Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jay and Mary Ellen | Engagement Session

Mary Ellen and I had been dialoguing about this session for months. As she shared her ideas with me, I knew it was going to be so fun and unique. (Background: Mary Ellen is a stationery designer and uber creative. She provided me with all kinds of ideas she had for props, clothes, poses, and how she wanted to use the finished images -- wonderful!). She found this location (The Arts Place on Mill Street, very appropriate for an artiste!) and made the arrangements to shoot there (thanks, Tripp!). Meshing our schedules proved to be a bit trickier, but when the day arrived, I had a great time getting to work with these two and know them better (we discovered we know some of the same people, and other fun details like the fact that they met at Aldersgate Camp -- a very cool place in eastern Kentucky attended by other great people we know). They are as sweet and kind in person as they come across in the photos below! I can't wait for their wedding in August!

It was SO hard narrowing down my favorites, but here's a 'few'! Enjoy!













Check out Mary Ellen's website, MEllen Designs. She will design personalized stationery, greeting cards, invitations, etc for you! Kudos to MEllen for their debut at the National Stationery Show in New York City earlier this spring!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: