Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Amber and Kaleb












I really enjoy engagement sessions -- it's always nice to have time with my clients and get to know them in a more relaxed environment without the time pressures inherant in a wedding day schedule. In this particular case, it was my first chance to meet Amber and Kaleb in person. For the time being they are living in Tennessee while Kaleb finishes school. After exchanging e-mails and phone calls, it would be nice to have faces in my mind's eye!
Notice I wrote "relaxed environment" a few sentences ago? Unfortunately this session didn't follow precedent and I was about to get to know these two in a different way. Things were going well 15 minutes into this session until we changed locations. I was following Kaleb and Amber as we drove the winding lanes of this beautiful farm. My eyes were scanning the gorgeous surroundings for possible shoot locations when something went BOOM! I didn't see it. Becky who was riding with me didn't see it. But it was there. A large, sharp stone on the edge of the road, placed I presume to keep tires from driving on the grassy edge. The problem was I hit it with two tires (front and rear), bent one rim, and rendered my vehicle completely immobile.

I pulled over immediately and my spirits deflated faster than than the tires which were hissing furiously. My mind was racing. It was after hours on a holiday weekend. What was I to do? I had visions of rescheduling attempts, transportation nightmares, etc., etc.,. To make a long story short, Triple A saved the day and was able to tow my car home. Amber and Kaleb were BEYOND gracious and we were able to finish their session with lots of photos before the tow truck arrived an hour or so later.
So there it is, blog readers. Considering all the places photography takes me, I should be grateful it was my first case of 'car troubles' and all worked out okay in the end. Kaleb and Amber, you got to see me under pressure (albeit a different kind of pressure)! Your wedding should be a walk in the park by comparison! Enjoy your photos!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: