Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Matt and Amanda's Wedding Photos












I made my first trip to the end of the Mountain Parkway and Prestonsburg weekend before last to photograph Matt and Amanda's wedding. I later learned I traveled up 'the back way' and a multitude of hairpin turns to reach Stone Crest Golf Course, but the view was worth it! It was a beautiful place for an outdoor wedding and photos, of course. ;-)
Not long after the ceremony concluded and the receiving line wrapped up, a storm rolled in. We're talking BUCKETS of rain. Again, I was so glad that Matt and Amanda elected to do their photos before the ceremony! Not long after the rain stopped falling, fog rolled in, then the fog rolled out. I must admit as a farmer's daughter I'm fascinated by weather (it is always a topic of serious conversation, not just a means of filling silence or polite conversation). It's something to watch the weather from on top of a mountain ... just as it is to watch it on the prairie. Anyway, back to Matt and Amanda! ...
Some of my favorites from their wedding: 1.) Amanda chose a beautiful shade of pink ("candy") for her bridesmaids (LOVED it! So universally flattering, not to mention beautiful and feminine!), 2.) Matt's father's band cranked out some great tunes for their reception -- I loved how Matt's nephew (the ring bearer) spent the entire evening with them holding his own guitar (no question he's got music in his DNA!), 3.) everyone was just so nice -- I thoroughly enjoyed the folks I visited with at this wedding. Matt and Amanda, I'm sure you know you have a great community of friends and family who love and support you. Thanks for letting me get a glimpse of that and inviting me to be a part of your day! Congratulations!
Share/Bookmark

No comments: