Thursday, July 2, 2009

Micah and Rebecca are married!

In case you didn’t know, I’m a country girl. I’m on vacation right now at the family farm in Central Illinois – it’s where I love to go every other summer for a week to not only see family but reconnect with my rural roots and enjoy a peace where the only traffic is that of farm implements and the occasional pickup truck. Yes, some go to the beach, I choose to go to the prairie. While I didn’t hit sweet corn season this year, my eyes are still feasting on green as I gaze out the window at seed corn and soy bean fields. It’s wonderful! I’m hoping to do a little “Ellie shoot” on the John Deeres before our time is over.

With that background in mind, you can understand my excitement then when Rebecca and Micah started describing their vision for their June wedding at Rebecca’s grandfather’s farm. A white house and white barn with green trim, a front porch with porch swings, red flowers, a monogrammed-checkerboard dance floor, lots of potted flowers, a white tent, white candles in mason jars with red ribbons, a white basket weave cake with strawberries, a hearty meal of smoked brisket, country ham, green beans, potatoes, rolls, lemon tarts, and more catered by Rebecca’s uncle… the list continued and my anticipation grew.


When the day arrived, I wasn’t disappointed! Check out the details board to see the adorable white bicycle at the end of the lane and the personalized quilts made by Rebecca’s mother which flanked the gift table. Even lovelier than all the details (Rebecca designed the invitations, programs, and seed packet favors) was the assembly of friends and family supporting Micah and Rebecca as they wed. This is my second May's Lick wedding and I have to say, Mayslick folks are some of the nicest and sweetest! Enjoy the photos below… doesn’t Rebecca have the loveliest smile? It didn’t leave her face all day! Congratulations, Micah and Rebecca! Thank you for having me be a part of your day! It was such a pleasure!

















Lexington Wedding Photographer: Cydil Waggoner Photography, copyright 2009.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: